Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Innocent

They were hungry. I had to feed them. So instead of targeting one of those who wronged me, I had to harm an innocent man. Innocent. What a word. How was that man innocent? The man had wronged me as much as all others. He was a part of the system that shackled me for what people must have known as accidents. No.

They called me a terrorist for one mistake, one slip of the mind, one time I let Them take over. They must have known that it was not my fault. It was Their fault. No. Society could not handle such an idea, and so they locked me in a prison for eight months.

But this man. This man didn't wrong me in particular. No. He is apathetic to me. In being uncaring to me, he may be even a worse offender than those who openly harmed me and attacked me.

After a mental war similar to what I said above, I stalked him intently. I tried to get his habits, his moves. I probably could have killed him as easily as a man could kill a fly. I needed a place free of civilians or place the man in such a situation that nobody would suspect me of committing foul play.

I soon found my chance when the man was waiting on an intersection to cross the street. The light blared a red hand. They willed the man's eyes to see the red hand change to the green lights of a walking figure. He began to pace across the street before that pickup truck came.

The carnage was instantaneous and bloody. The man exploded in half, his innards draping themselves around the driver. The driver swerved. He swerved right into a nearby apartment building.

The more carnage I saw, the more I felt Them grow slowly more and more satisfied. By the time questioning was done (They willed my face to be unrecognizable to the police) it was nearly 5:00. So I decided to head to a nearby McDonalds, take whatever greasy, artery-clogging foodstuffs they threw at me, and head to my hotel.

After all, I can always wait one more day.

-KORD

No comments:

Post a Comment